Handmade Vegan Valentine Cookies
I don't know about you, but I am still feeling the pinch after Christmas, it hasn't helped that I have had a hefty dentist bill over the festive period. So this Valentines day I am choosing to make the boy handmade vegan valentines cookies.
What I love even more about these handmade vegan cookies is that they are so simple, and better yet they only have four ingredients which can be easily found around the house. So what will you need to make these handmade vegan valentines cookies, let's have a look;
Handmade Vegan Valentine Cookies10 mins prep time
25 mins cook time
Makes 12 cookies
- 225g plain flour
- 150g of vegan spread
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First of all preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius then lightly grease a baking tray.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Then add the vegan spread and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and mix together to form a firm dough.
- As we are making handmade vegan valentines cookies now is the time to crack out the heart shaped cookie cutters. If you haven't got any heart shaped cookie cutters then I recommend these from Amazon.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm. Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many cookies as you can, then arrange them onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the now preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until they colour a little. Once cooked transfer onto a wire rack to cool. Once this has happened dust them with a little caster sugar and place in a gift box and present to your beloved.
If you make these handmade vegan valentines cookies I would love to see it, so feel free to tag me in any pictures. And if you have any valentines plans I would love to hear them, just pop them in the comments down below.
P.S. this post contains affiliate links, if you click them it doesn't cost you a penny but if you make a purchase I get a tiny bit back.